9 months 25 days 15 hours 14 minutes 48 seconds ago
Frequently Asked Questions related Passport & Residence in Oman
Q: Minimum validity of passport prior to renewal of Resident visa?
Ans: Six Months
Q: What is fine per day for overstay in relative and friend visa?
Ans: The fine is 10 R.O per day.
Q: How i know my visa is cancelled by sponser or not?
Ans: You can contact visa's manager by his phone no: 0096824569614 or by the airport visa section phone no: 0096824519115.
Q: I am a qualified expat Indian engineer. Now I am leaving Oman and my resident visa will be cancelled. My company is not issuing no objection certificate. After how many months I can re-enter with employment visa if I get a job in Oman?
Ans: You can do that after two years
Q: What is the procedure for renewal of employment visa after two years ?
Ans: You have to provide a copy of your valid labour card, your orginal passport along with the application form signed by your sponsor.
Q: Where can I get a madical certificat for a family joining visa?
Ans: in order to get an authentic certificate, you should approach oman embaasy in your country.
Q: What is the Truck Drivers Visa?
Ans: It is granted at border points to foreign truck derivers and their helpers. It is a multiple-entry visa valid for six months, and must be used within six months from the date of issuance. There should not be more than one helper. - This visa is renewable. The holder can stay in the country for a maximum of one month in each entry. - Fees: RO 7.
Q: What is the Air Transit Visa?
Ans: This visa is granted by the DGPR at airports at the request of the carrier airlines. It enables the holder thereof to enter the country once and for a maximum of 72 hours provided that he passes enough money to continue his trip. - Fees: RO 5.
Q: What is the Short Visit Visa?
Ans: It is granted at Seeb International Airport for nationals of certain countries covered by this facility. - It is valid for 14 days from the date of entry. - Fees: RO 7.
Q: What is the Entry Visa for Foreigners Who are Resident in AGCC States?
Ans: It is granted to a foreigner who is resident in any member state of the Arab Gulf Cooperation Council (AGCC), provided his occupation is not of low grade. It is also granted to members of their families, relatives and these in their company as long as they enter together. - This visa is valid for staying the country for four weeks, and is extendable for one week. - It is granted at the entry point directly. - Fees: RO 5.
Q: What are the Attachments Seamen’s Transit Visa?
1. Seamen transit application from typed, approved and stamped by the agent. The reasons for the visa must be mentioned in the application form.
2. Copy of valid passport of the seaman.
3. A covering letter from the agent.
Q: What is the Seamen’s Transit Visa?
Ans: It is granted to seamen who want to enter the Sultanate by sea and deport by air and vice versa. - The visa is valid for staying in the country for not more than seven days from the date of entry. - Fees: RO 5.
Q: What are the Attachments of Student’s Visa?
1. Visa application form typed, approved and stamped by the sponsor. - For holders of passports issued in Arab countries the visa application form must be filled out in Arabic. - For holders of passports issued in non-Arab countries the visa application form must be filled out in English.
2. Two photographs (4 * 6) cm.
3. Copy of the foreigner’s passport which must be valid for three months at least.
4. Copy of the specimen signature of the authorized signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. With regard to individual sponsor a copy of the identity card is required for checking the signature.
5. Where the application is not submitted to the Directorate General of Passport and Residence (DGPR) by the sponsor in person, his representative must be an Omani national holding an authorization from the sponsor and approved by the DGRP.
6. A medical fitness certificate from an authorized medical center for those who are coming from certain countries.
7. Copy of the licence issued by the authorities concerned to the sponsor to bring students from other countries to study in Oman.
Q: What are the Requirements of issuing Student’s Visa?
Ans:The sponsor must be a local one with full legal capacity and be responsible for the truth of the information stated in the application form.
Q: What is the Student’s Visa?
Ans: It is granted at the request of a local sponsor and on his responsibility to a foreigner who is coming to Oman for study, provided that t he sponsor has a licence from the authorities concerned to establish an educational or training institution. - The visa can be used within six months from the date of its issuance. - It is a multiple-entry visa valid for staying in the country for a period ranging between one and two years from the date of entry. It is extendable to a similar period if the study continues. - Fees: RO 7.